Monday, December 22, 2014

Ten Days of Christmas- Day 9 Pomegranate Jelly

Pomegranate Jelly
Day 9


 A lady I work with gave me a gallon container of fresh pomegranate juice. It tastes wonderful and I was so excited to not have to squeeze pomegranate seeds. I was able to make two batches and have quite a lot of jars for gifts.

 Here is the recipe I used:
  • 4 cups of pomegranate juice
  • One box of powdered pectin
  • 5 cups of sugar
Prepare jars and lids for canning. This recipe fills six 8 oz jars. Mix juice and pectin. Stir with a whisk until it boils. Once it boils add sugar and stir together. Bring it to a hard boil. Let it boil for 1 minute. Then pour it into jars. Place jars in large bot of boiling water for 10 minutes. After ten minutes let jars sit in pot for 5 minutes. Remove jars from pot and let them sit for 24 hours.

~Chelsea


No comments:

Post a Comment