Monday, July 28, 2014

New Desk

On Sunday I put together my new desk area upstairs. Like most of my projects I wanted to build a desk using items we already had and wanted to build it for free. I looked on pinterest for some ideas and found an idea on diycozyhome.com. They had taken two book shelves and made a desk with them.
diy craft desk
Desk from diycozyhome.com
I had two shelves I had purchased for 15$ each from Walmart a few years ago that I wasn't using. I also had some plywood from an old project. First thing I did was put the book shelves in the exact spot I wanted them. I then cut the plywood to fit on top. I used two pieces of wood underneath to secure them. I didn't nail the top to the shelves and it still feels very sturdy.




Next I painted the wood white. Once it dried I set up all my things. I had extra mason jars from canning this summer. I used them to hold simple things (buttons, paper clips etc.). I also has a few drawer organizers that were not being used. 






I love my new work space! What I love even more about it is that I found all the materials and storage items around my house.

~Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment