Thursday, July 9, 2015

Summer Garden

This year my garden has doubled in size. We added three more raised beds. This year I am growing almost everything from seeds and have used mostly heirloom seeds. In April I planted asparagus, potatoes and lettuce. I started tomatoes, zucchini, peppers and squash indoors and planted them as soon as the weather was warmer.

We have been making salsa using our tomatoes, cilantro and peppers. I have only planted a few squash plants and it has been growing faster than I can give it away. Last week I also planted pumpkins. My hope is that they are ready for Halloween.

I ordered potatoes online. When they arrived I left them in a box for a few weeks so they could grow "eyes".

This year all the seeds I started indoors in eggshells. I saw some people doing this on Pinterest and it worked very well.

Potatoes

Asparagus

Butternut squash
Butternut sqaush

Tomatoes and Marigolds

Sunflowers
~Chelsea




No comments:

Post a Comment